The Business of Being Born Collection
The Business Of Being Born
Birth: it's a miracle. A rite of passage. A natural part of life. But more than anything, birth is a business. Compelled to find answers after a disappointing birth experience with her first child, actress Ricki Lake recruits filmmaker Abby Epstein to explore the maternity care system in America.
more business of being born
Executive Producer Ricki Lake and Filmmaker Abby Epstein follow their landmark documentary, The Business of Being Born, with an all-new, four part DVD series that continues their provocative and entertaining exploration of the modern maternity care system.
Very few women succeed in breastfeeding exclusively for the recommended six months and beyond. What would it take to change? With unexpected humor, with an unflinching camera, with some guilt and some pain, this film takes the unusual risk of examining what breast milk truly means.
the mama sherpas
This topical new documentary, directed by Brigid Maher, examines a growing shift in the birthing industry: the rise of Caesarean sections. With C-section rates dangerously over 30% in America, are midwives the solution?
The Mother Lode
- DVD of the original The Business of Being Born
- Director's Special Edition DVD of Breastmilk
- Boxed DVD set including all four episodes of More Business of Being Born
- Adorable, 100% cotton Moby Knot Hat for ages 0-6 months in your choice of dark brown, pink, teal, purple, tan, maroon, or orange!
- Paperback copy of Your Best Birth by Ricki Lake and Abby Epstein
- The National Guide to a Healthy Birth
MBOBB PART 1: DOWN ON THE FARM
Conversations with Ina May Gaskin
MBOBB Part 2: Special Deliveries
Celebrity mothers talk straight on birth
MBOBB Part 3: Explore Your Options
Doulas, birth centers, and C-sections
MBOBB Part 4: The VBAC Dilemma
What your options really are
More talk less breast
More from Breastmilk
Stacy Keibler on giving birth
Ricki's EXCLUSIVE interview
A short film by Arian Moayed